- Advised a UK asset manager on the establishment of new UCITS IV platform.
- Advised a US asset manager on the establishment of QIF type unit trust as illiquid asset vehicle.
- Advised a US investor group on investment into life settlements portfolios.
- Advised several continental European financial services group on establishment of life assurance and asset management operations in Ireland.
- Advised a Canadian asset manager on UCITS platform establishment.
- Advised a US manager on CCF establishment.
- Negotiated changes of rules on side pockets, on real estate funds/custody rules, on private equity layered investing and on several other funds related issues.
- Advised Court appointed Spanish bankruptcy trustees on liquidation of Irish captive insurer.
- Advised a Irish insurer on various regulatory issues with Central Bank.
- Advised international investment funds on Madoff related litigation.
Andrew is the Head of the Financial Services Department where he works primarily on asset management, investment funds and insurance regulatory matters. He has been recognized as a leading lawyer in these practice areas by Chambers, by the Legal 500, by IFLR and others. He is the author of several publications including Guides on UCITS, on Hedge Funds and on Private Equity Funds as well as on MiFID and cross border insurance regulation and is a regular speaker on financial services related topics at domestic and international events. Andrew is a former Council Member of the Irish Funds Industry Association and is a member of the Investment Funds division of the IBA. He also sits on the boards of several investment fund platforms, life insurers and asset managers.
Guide to UCITS in Ireland; Guide to Private Equity Funds in Ireland; and several others.
University College Dublin and the Law Society of Ireland.
Member of the Law Society of Ireland.
Admitted to the Law Society in England and Wales.