John practises in the areas of commercial dispute resolution, maritime and transport law and in the area of corporate recovery. In particular, John has significant experience in representing national and international corporations, banks and financial institutions in the area of commercial and financial services litigation.
- Advising funds industry service providers in relation to proceedings arising out of the Madoff fraud in the United States.
- Advising on the enforcement of a foreign arbitral award under the Arbitration Act, 2010.
- Advising an insurance provider in relation to a claim arising out of the alleged mis-selling of a bond.
- Advising international companies and liquidators in relation to liquidation, examinership and general corporate restructuring issues.
- Advising national and international carriers and freight forwarders in relation to transport claims.
John joined Dillon Eustace as a trainee in 2001 where he worked in the Financial Services Department predominantly in the area of investment funds. John has also worked on secondment with an international bank operating in the fields of insurance, financial services and mutual funds. John joined the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Department in 2004 and he was made partner in 2011.
University College Dublin and the Law Society of Ireland
Also admitted in: England and Wales
John is a member of both the ABA and AIJA where he is the National Representative for Ireland