Jonathan joined Dillon Eustace in Cayman as a partner in 2014 and specialises in alternative investment funds and corporate law. Formerly a partner in Cayman with another law firm, he started his career at Dundas & Wilson, CS based in Edinburgh and subsequently Clifford Chance LLP, London. Prior to moving to Cayman in 2004, Jonathan had worked for one of the leading firms in Bermuda. Jonathan has considerable experience advising a broad range of clients from fund sponsors/managers to administrators, brokers and custodians. He also acts for institutional investors in relation to the establishment, operation, re-structuring of, and participation in, all types of Cayman domiciled alternative fund structures. Jonathan also advises more generally on all aspects of the company, commercial and regulatory laws of the Cayman Islands and has extensive experience of advising in respect of trade and acquisition finance transactions.
- Counsel to a leading Swiss private bank operating and managing a diverse offering of 40+ alternative fund products.
- Advising a leading European financial institution as regards the effect on its alternative funds of UN and EU Security Council resolutions concerning the former regime in Libya.
- Advising the leading French alternative asset manager in relation to its Cayman based alternative fund products.
- Corporate counsel to Eircom in relation to its Euro 2bn debt restructuring.
- Counsel to a leading HK based property development group in relation to a series of multi-billion dollar debt offerings.
- Counsel to a trend leading Israeli based "crowd funding" group.
- Acting for a team of ex-City managers in the establishment of a "clean-tech" private equity fund seeded by Japanese government entities.
- Counsel to a leading European bank group in relation to its mandate to manage and administer a leading Cayman based pension scheme.
- Acting for one of the premier European travel and leisure groups in relation to a balance sheet restructuring.