Rachel is a part of the litigation and dispute resolution team advising on a broad range of commercial litigation and arbitration cases and has particular expertise in financial services, professional negligence and insurance.
She manages high value claims for Irish and international insurers arising from policy interpretation, avoidance of policies and declinature of claims, especially those relating to financial lines policies and Directors and Officers claims. Rachel acts for insurers on a significant number of professional negligence cases, managing claims concerning accountants, solicitors, insurance brokers, stockbrokers and architects. She also advises parties on complaints brought before the Financial Services Ombudsman.
- Insurers and professionals in high value professional negligence cases involving accountants, insurance brokers and architects.
- Insurers on policy construction, especially in relation to Directors and Officers insurance and Financial Sector Insurance.
- Insurers on coverage disputes in the High Court and in arbitration proceedings.
- On large disclosure projects, including in commercial litigation and in investigations.
- An international airline company in a multi-million dispute involving a Mareva Injunction.
- On complaints brought before the Financial Services Ombudsman.