John is a Partner in William Fry's Asset Management & Investment Funds Department and the Financial Regulation Unit. He specialises in advising on regulated and unregulated fund structures including UCITS, ETFs, hedge funds, real estate, private equity and credit funds.
He also advises on the full spectrum of regulatory issues impacting the asset management sector including: licensing, segregated mandates, governance requirements, outsourcing, acquiring transaction clearance, conduct of business issues, client assets and product governance and distribution.
Deals and Awards:
John's recent work has included advising:
- a global insurer on the establishment and unit-linked distribution of a passive strategy UCITS Common Contractual Fund platform;
- on Brexit related contingency planning and regulatory solutions for a range of financial institutions;
- on the establishment of an Irish MiFID distribution and advisory firm;
- UCITS money market funds and their service providers on the Money Market Fund Regulation;
- a global asset manager on a material outsourcing of middle and back office functions; and
- a UK credit specialist on the establishment of an umbrella qualifying investor AIF engaging in a range of alternative credit strategies.