|The Yearbook & Directory of Ireland's international financial services industry
||Monday, 30th March 2020
Richard has extensive experience in advising on cross border aircraft portfolio financings, aircraft sale and leaseback transactions, capital market transactions (including aircraft securitisations), ECA and Ex-Im backed financings and debt restructurings.
Richard also has significant experience in drafting and negotiating aircraft leasing, purchase, sale, servicing, financing and security agreements.
He acts for many leading operating lessors and financiers in the aviation industry. Richard has also advised clients in connection with the acquisition and disposal of operating leasing companies and in relation to the establishment and operation of aviation joint ventures.
Key highlights include advising:
- leading aircraft lessors based in Ireland, including AerCap, Nordic Aviation Capital, Orix Aviation, Genesis, BOC Aviation, Rockton and GTLK Europe, in connection with a diverse range of aircraft leasing and aviation finance transactions and management of their respective business and existing portfolios;
- Nordic Aviation Capital in connection with its placement of US$486m of unsecured debt through a US$381m unsecured private placement issuance and a US$105m unsecured Schuldschein offering;
- Orix Aviation in connection with various portfolio transactions;
- AerCap in connection with the sale of a large portfolio of aircraft to another leading aircraft lessor;
- Genesis in connection with its acquisition of a portfolio of twenty nine (29) aircraft on lease to a variety of lessees in a number of jurisdictions;
- GTLK Europe in connection with its acquisition of six (6) Airbus A319 aircraft on lease to easyJet;- AerCap in relation to its US$7.6 billion acquisition of ILFC from AIG;
- Meritix, a joint venture between Orix and Merx, in connection with the acquisition of a number of portfolios; and
- VGS, a joint venture between Volito Aviation and Goldman Sachs, in connection with the sale of two (2) Airbus A320-214 aircraft on lease to Vueling Airlines S.A.
UCD - BCL (International) 2003-07