Recent matters that Fintan has advised on include:
- Advising CRH in relation to its share buyback on the London stock exchange
- International Paper Company on its bid for Smurfit Kappa
- Pentair plc. on the spinoff of nVent plc.
- Axa on its recommended offer for XL Group
- eir on its acquisition by NJJ Telecom
- Advising on CLO transactions over the 12 months to Aug 2018 with an aggregate value of in excess of €14 billion
- EU risk retention compliant originator companies for Blackstone/GSO, Chenavari, Partners Group, Napier Park and H.I.G.
- CNP Assurances on the acquisition of a majority stake in the insurance subsidiaries of Banco Santander and the entering into a strategic partnership
Fintan specialises in tax. He advises companies on tax planning, including the tax aspects of acquisitions, disposals, reorganisations, migrations, securitisations and financings. He also advises multinationals, investment funds, banks and insurance companies in relation to insurance, financial and structured products. Previously Fintan worked in a City of London law firm and a New York headquartered law firm.
Brexit: The Great Repeal Bill, April 2017; CLO Update, November 2016; Brexit Update, October 2016; Ireland as a Location for Your Intellectual Property Trading Company, April 2015; Property Investment Structures in Ireland: Irish Investment Opportunities, December 2014; Establishing SPVs in Ireland, May 2014; A Guide to Establishing in Ireland, June 2014; PLC Multi-Jurisdictional Guide - IP in Business Transactions, Ireland Chapter, March 2014; Uses of Ireland for Middle East Investors, January 2014.
- LLB, 1994, Trinity College, Dublin
- Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland,1997
- Member of the UK Chartered Institute of Taxation (1999)
- Law Society of England and Wales (non-practising) (1998)
- Irish Debt Securities Association, Member of Executive Council and Co-chair of Taxes Committee
- Irish Funds Industry Association, Member of Taxes Committee