|The Yearbook & Directory of Ireland's international financial services industry
||Tuesday, 18th February 2020
Insurance & Reinsurance
||A&L Goodbody's Insurance & Reinsurance Group is Ireland's largest and longest established insurance law practice. Globally recognised as a top tier insurance practice, it has been at the cutting edge of domestic and international insurance developments and transactions for decades. Our strength lies in the breadth and depth of our experience, technical ability and vision.
This allows us to provide the support and assistance our clients need to deal with new opportunities and to meet the challenges of the changing business and regulatory environment. Our expertise spans all aspects of insurance law and regulation, both contentious and non-contentious from the largest and most innovative projects to the more typical, everyday requirements associated with insurance law and regulatory issues.
- The establishment of start-up insurers, reinsurers and intermediaries
- Mergers, acquisitions, cross-border mergers, joint ventures, disposals and reorganisations of insurance businesses and companies
- Structural insurance solutions, capital markets transactions, finite and financial reinsurance
- Brexit contingency planning that includes advice on portfolio transfers, cross border merger and associated regulatory and insurance law issues
- Insurance mediation and distribution channels
- Winding up and administration of insurers
- Dispute resolution including advice on litigation issues arising out of policy disputes, complaints to the Financial Services Ombudsman and tort litigation such as subrogated claims and defending insured legal actions
- Advice to non-established insurers on entry into the Irish market on a services or branch basis
- Court schemes for the amalgamation or division of insurance companies and transfers of business
- All aspects of the regulatory environment affecting insurers and reinsurers in Ireland, including product offerings, consumer laws, governance, solvency requirements and compliance obligations
- Regulatory investigations and enforcement actions
Our clients include many of the largest domestic and international insurers and reinsurers, the Irish government and industry representative bodies.